Dial Before Dig
means calling SGL’s Emergency NUMBER BEFORE each job.
Homeowners often make risky assumptions about whether or not they should get their utility lines marked, but every digging job requires a call – even small projects like planting trees and shrubs. The depth of utility lines varies and there may be multiple utility lines in a common area. Digging without calling can disrupt service to an entire neighborhood, harm you and those around you and potentially result in fines and repair costs. Calling SGL’s emergency number before every digging job gets your underground utility lines marked for free and helps prevent undesired consequences.
Staying Safe with Natural Gas
If you smell gas
- Extinguish all flames or any other ignition source.
- Don’t operate electrical appliances as they may create a spark.
- Turn off gas appliances and ensure the pilot lights are out.
- If safe to do so, open windows and doors to reduce the chance of a gas build-up.
- If you still smell gas or you think gas is still escaping, if it is safe to do so, exit the premises, turn off the main gas tap at the meter and contact SGL for the gas faults and emergencies number in your Area.
Don’t hire any Gasfitters privately in case of any gas faults. Call SGL Emergency Number.